NYAA Top 15 Rankings
NYAA Top 15 Rankings
The National Sports Report has formed the National Youth Athletic Association to act as the “NCAA” for youth football and is the evolution of the NSR top 15 Ranking System. The NYAA wants to recognize teams and great youth coaches for their hard work by providing exposure opportunities for their programs. This is also a resource for to easily identify the nation’s top programs and network with coaches from every region. Our primary focus in forming the NYAA is to bring all youth football under 1 umbrella, acting as the governing body that will crown a true team National Champion regardless of league affiliation.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our rankings and our process are legitimate. Moving forward we have devised a system that will streamline the ranking process and raise awareness of the NYAA. The following map outlines how we propose to divide the nation into conferences. To be ranked and subsequently eligible for the national championship, teams must become members of a conference so that we may identify you and follow your progress from week to week
**NEW Map Alignment**
NSR is not looking to be intrusive with our process. As a member of a conference, you would still play in your normal league, under your normal scheduling guild lines as well participate in your normal league championship process. The main reason for the conferences are to ensure the following:
- All teams that participate in the ranking system and sectioned events are following the same rules/guild lines
- Teams are using their original rosters at NYAA sectioned events
- NSR can track the progress of teams from week to week with ease
Becoming a member of a conference does not ensure that a team will be ranked in the TOP 15. It merely ensures that teams will be seen from week to week and will be afforded the opportunity to be ranked and the ultimate goal of being crowned the nation’s true youth football National Champion. There will be an administrative fee of only $50.00 per TEAM for membership.
Ranking Division Breakdown
|Division||Age (as of 7/1)||Grade Level Restrictions|
Grade based programs may participate in the levels they fall into based on their oldest player’s age as of July 1st.
Benefits Of Membership
- NYAA (Score Stream) App – This app will allow teams and players to upload their scores and stats, see how other teams and players compare, and more. The app is free and will help manage our youth football community.
- National Exposure for both teams and players
- Exclusive Discounts from our promotional partners, such as uniforms, equipment, etc…
- The Chance to play for a true National Championship
- Ability to become an independent organization with practice and game insurance provided by the NYAA (More info to come on this option)
- And more
How do I get Ranked?
The Goal in 2017 is to take all the guess work out of the ranking process while ensuring fairness and true national representation of the top teams. We recognize that the sheer number of teams across the nation make it very difficult to notice all of the deserving teams. The formation of the NYAA ensures that all regions will be represented and have the chance to prove it on the field. The process we propose is as follows:
- Become a member of a conference by the designated date and our team of football pro’s will evaluate your team.
- Attend one of our Preseason Kickoff events – Sanction events will need to follow a strict standard set forth by the NYAA as an official sanctioned event (Participation in one of these events does not ensure your ranking and teams that do not participate in one of these events may still be ranked as long as they are members of a conference.)
- The rankings will change from week to week based on our designated criteria and a point system that rewards teams for playing outside of their normal league, the distance the team had to travel to play the game and more.
- Each conference will be represented in the top 5 and recognized as the top team in the conference from week to week based on the aforementioned criteria and point system. This will also ensure that the very best teams from a given region are always represented in the rankings
Once the regular season has ended (This date will be determined at a later time based on when the majority of teams play their League Championships), based on the Top 15 Rankings, the Top 4 teams in each age group will be invited to California to play for a National Title. You must be ranked in the Top 4 and a member of the NYAA to play for the National Title.
NYAA National Championship Event – As previously stated, the conference champions from our Power 5, plus an at- large bid that will be voted in based on their position in the top 15 rankings will come to California to play for a National Title. This will be a week long event filled with activities for the players, coaches, and parents. Game Schedule is as follows:
- Day 1 – Check in, coaches meeting, Opening Ceremony, parent/safety symposium
- Day 2 – The #4 team will play the #1 and #3 will play #2 for the right to move on to the title game
- Day 3 – Practice, player skills camp, team activity, coaches night
- Day 4 – There will be a consolation bowl game as for the teams that are eliminated on day 2. The National Championship game will be played under the lights and live streamed. We Believe that regardless of your league affiliation, our system will crown youth footballs true national champion.
Youth Football Online Network
In 2016 the National Sports Report has Live streamed 7 games and received more than 50,000 live views. We Plan to triple those numbers with our new line-up of shows that will ensure the maximum amount of national exposure to the leagues and teams in our conferences. Shows include:
Football Live Streams: We would provide a live game giving them each a weekly live stream game that will be marketed separately
- Monday Night Live
- Saturday Night Football
- Thursday Night Football
Youth Football Game Day: This show will be a live show every Saturday morning where we will travel to the different markets and set up like “ESPN’s College Game Day” and offer predictions and insight on the top National matchups of the week.
Weekly Youth Football Highlight show: (Show title TDB) This Show would be like the youth football “Sports Center” that would highlight the Previous week’s top moments as well as break down the top matchups of the upcoming week and features:
- Special interest stories
- Coaches interviews
- Player interviews
- Scores and Highlights
- And more
“Inside training camp” (Youth football Hard knocks): Inside Training Camp offers a behind the scenes look at the training camps of some of youth football’s top teams. Watch and experience a day in the life of youth football coaches and witness firsthand the life lessons that can be learned through football.
Fill out the form Below to become a member of a conference