Under the Lights is a national flag football league for kids in K-8th grade, with the emphasis on community fun. Theleague is for both boys and girls of all skill levels and promotes a competitive, confidence building, non-contact football experience. Games are played on Friday nights in both the Fall (September – November) and the Spring (March – May) at locations across the country.
To find out about a location in your area visit the Locate a League tab to search for a local league. Under the Lights continues to host the most successful leagues in the country with sites in seven different states.
During the last seven years, youth flag football has grown dramatically in suburban and urban areas. With the continued worry of injury and body fatigue, more parents are utilizing youth flag football as a learning tool for the more traditional contact football. The most successful leagues or events for youth flag football implement a community experience for parents and kids.
Under the Lights is the exclusive partner of Under Armour, Inc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What day and where are the practices?
- Practices will be held a hour prior to the game at the Under the Lights facility, unless the coach wants to organize a practice during the week voluntarily. There will be a designated practice area for the teams on game day.
Who will be the coaches and how do you become a coach?
- We encourage parents to participate as coaches as we promote a fun filled family atmosphere in developing proper sportsmanship. To become a Coach please select the appropriate box on the registration form. Every coach must have a current background check. You can find the Background Checks on the Helena homepage.
How do I request a friend or coach for my child’s team?
- On the registration form it will ask you “Friend Request” and “Coach Request”,
How do I form or register a team?
- Each team requires 9 players on the roster, to organize a team please have each player either request a Coach or Friend on the registration form. The software will filter the request and assign the players to a team.
What does my kid need to wear for games?
- Every player will need a mouth guard and wear black shorts with no pockets. The choice of shoes are your decision.
What type of football will be used?
- Kindergarten – 4th Grade will use Pee-Wee football.
- 5th – 6th Grade will use Junior football.
- 7th – 8th Grade will use Youth football.
- All footballs will be Under Armour.
Can my child play in a younger division? Example: A 3rd Grader playing in the 1st-2nd Grade Division.
- NO. A player can never play down a division but can always play a division up.
For more info or to register for an Under Armour
Flag League in your city Click the below: